Windows 7 ping issue...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 ping issue...

I have installed new windows 7 machines along with latest updates and joined them to my server 2008 R2 domain. They joined well and I have turned windows firewall service of from gpo. Now the issue is I can't ping my any workstation from server but my client can ping server. What could be the issue? Firewall is off but still faving this issue. Please help on this problem

Re: Windows 7 ping issue...

Have you verified that the gpo is working and that the firewall is off. You can check by going into control panel and then firewall.
    Don't forget to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Comment

Yes I did check and the firewall service is disabled with red window but still can't ping my clients. Is there anything else? Ohh Yes I did connect my old machines in my network and I can ping them but not my new machines. Plz do help

Comment

Does your antivirus have a firewall component included?
        Don't forget to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

Comment

No no firewall installed in windows 7 and I guess no virus issue though because they're new machines and cleanly installed windows

Comment

I did modify some gpo policy in one OU but I thought It may create issue then I moved all object to default ou where is no policy defined. I'm really confused what to do

Comment

What _TechSup1983 meant was, is there a firewall function installed as part of your antivirus software, and controlled from inside the AV control console? What AV are you using?
              *RicklesP*
              MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

As I said there's no AV installed and builtin firewall is disabled as I mentioned. None of a single 3rd party firewall installed. Can any Windows update create an issue? Its just a thought. Ping is quite normal thing and my server shows systems presence in network places but can't ping unfortunately

Comment

Just as a shot in the dark, even tho your client firewall appears to be disabled. Go into Services (run command, then services.msc) and disable the Windows Firewall service. That service runs by default, and shutting down the firewall via GPS doesn't stop the service, it simply disables the function. Once the service is dead, try the ping from the server again.

If it works, your firewall settings are the issue.
                  If it doesn't work, pls reply with the text of the response messages you do get. Different responses dictate different things to look at.
                  *RicklesP*

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Haha RecklesP same thought I did experience and went through these steps but it is disabled and stopped but one thing is suspicious that when I try to enable and try to start the service then it gives an error that could not start the service. I guess firewall service is disable as it shows. Some other help and tips RecklesP???

Comment

Remove it from the domain, keep the firewall service stopped and disabled and try ping it.
                      if it pings take a look at what config errors you made in the gpo.

Comment

Now we're getting somewhere. If you can't start the firewall service, that's unusual, unless the firewall service itself has been set to disabled startup in another part of Group Policy than that which controls its function.

Pls confirm exactly which policies are being used to control or disable the Win7 client firewall settings. At the same time, pls try to ping from one Win7 client to another, when both are in the same subnet/vlan. That way, we remove routing issues from the situation, if your servers are on a different subnet to the clients. Esp. since older OS machines reply to pings.

So: pls reply with the client-to-client ping results, and let us know what the ping response messages are, from server to client.
                        *RicklesP*

Comment

Ok I'll try your suggestions.... Thanks

Comment

Thanks experts but I found solution by my own. As you know my firewall service didn't start and having error code 0x80070437, it was the issue of account i guess.. I simply went to windows firewall service then its log on tab and enter "Local Service" in account details, That's it!! It started like a rocket Thanks for your precious time experts.

Comment

.. you didn't quite find it on your own, did you.
                              You needed hints and suggestions from the members here to point you towards the firewall service configuration.
                              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                              X