Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1058 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Sir,

Good day. I am new to your forums. I would like to ask support from your technical forum regarding Active Directory Server (Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise). I check the logs and I always encounter the error below.

Error Message in Server System logs :

The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows attempted to read the file \\KHALIFA.EDU\SysVol\KHALIFA.EDU\Policies\{43AB367 A-3352-4094-83D0-A5E05C1B1007}\gpt.ini from a domain controller and was not successful. Group Policy settings may not be applied until this event is resolved. This issue may be transient and could be caused by one or more of the following:
    a) Name Resolution/Network Connectivity to the current domain controller.
    b) File Replication Service Latency (a file created on another domain controller has not replicated to the current domain controller).
    c) The Distributed File System (DFS) client has been disabled.

Can you please help me what is causing the problem. Coz I already check DNS configuration but everything is working. I cannot seem to identify what is causing this error.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Event ID 1058 Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

For starters have you run dcdiag and repadmin?
    Regards,

Lee

Comment

Yup I already used dcdiag. But repadmin I didn't used. Below are the lists of errors I got after running dcdiag.

DCDIAG Errors :

1. DC2 failed test FrsEvent
      2. DC2 failed test KccEvent
      3. DC2 failed test NCSecDesc
      4. DC2 failed test Netlogons
      5. DC2 failed test Systemlog

Can youn help me how to solve this problem. Coz I tried to check using nslookup and nbtstat but the results are OK. The system is saying there is no problem. But when I try to run dcdiag I get the errors above. Can you advise on what to do? Thanks for the support.

Comment

Can you tell us a little bit about your infrastructure - presumably multiple DCs?
        Multiple sites?
        Site links?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

when you run dcdiag, make sure you run it in an elevated command prompt
          just being logged on as DA/EA doesn't encessarily do it
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Sir,

Sorry for the late reply below are the details of my network.

DC1 - primary domain controller. (Primary DNS and DHCP)
            DC2 - Secondary Domain Controller
            HV1 - First Hyper-V Server (DC1 hosted in this server)
            HV2 - Second Hyper-V Server (DC2 hosted in this server)
            FPServer - File and Print Server.
            AD - Old Active Directory Server now seconadry DNS server only. Active directory function is migrated to DC1 and DC2.

this is the setup of my network.

Comment

Working...
            X