Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy Folders Server to Server

Hi
    We have a 2003 server that is on its last leg. We bought a new 2008R2 std server.
    The previous person who installed the 2003 server named the domain with a dot com extension which causes problems with their web site on the same domain but hosted elsewhere.
    I am installing the new server with a dot local extension so it is a whole different domain. User names and such will remain the same. I did not migrate AD but recreated the 15 users on the new 2008 server
    What is the best way to copy files from server to server (and domain to domain) while maintaining NTFS permissions?

Thanks for your time.

Re: Copy Folders Server to Server

Originally posted by Tomecole View Post
    Hi
    We have a 2003 server that is on its last leg. We bought a new 2008R2 std server.
    The previous person who installed the 2003 server named the domain with a dot com extension which causes problems with their web site on the same domain but hosted elsewhere.
    I am installing the new server with a dot local extension so it is a whole different domain. User names and such will remain the same. I did not migrate AD but recreated the 15 users on the new 2008 server
    What is the best way to copy files from server to server (and domain to domain) while maintaining NTFS permissions?

Thanks for your time.
    I would use a robocopy script.

I don't have an example here unfortunately but have a look at the switches and you'll be fine.

Comment

Working...
    X