No announcement yet.

Terminal Services Error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services Error

Im trying to configure Remote Desktop Services but having a few issues, can anyone help.

Here's my setup

License Server
    Server 2008
    x10 Free user & server licenses

TS Server / RDP Server
    Server 2008 R2
    Configured for per user licensing

I installed RDP services onto Server02, configured the license server by pointing it at Server01. The license server was detected, I then set the license mode to "per user". I checked the license diagnostics on the Remote Desktop Host Configuration Utility & it sees there are free licenses available & displays the correct license server.

So everything looks good but for the last month when I log info the server I see the attached "RDP Error.jpg" popup in the systems tray.

From the information Ive read on the Microsoft site Server 2008 cals should work with Server 2008 R2.

I also checked the registry at:

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService \Paramaters\LicenseServers

I can see an entry for the license server

Both firewalls are off & I now see the attached "Error 1131.jpg" in the logs:

Can anyone help, Im unsure what to look at next & the time is ticking away.
    Attached Files

Re: Terminal Services Error

have you tried re-runing the licensing diagnostics ?
    is the licensing service still running on the license server?
    is there a firewall or other network issue in the way ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point

Re: Terminal Services Error

Think I might have found the issue, I ran a report on the TS License server & its showing 10 licenses installed, 13 licenses in use

We have a volume license so gona talk to the license vendor.

Thanks for your help though