Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server Monitoring

Hi .

We are using Windows Server 2008 along with Routers , Switches , VOIP Calling etc...Now is there any free network monitoring tool available by which , i can get alters if any of my network devices , router , switch , modem , firewall or windows server is having a problem..

I check Nagios but i am not sure whether i will set the alerts for network devices...it only supports servers...is it so ? or is there any other free tool available...Is solarwinds tools are good...

Please help me...

Thanks....

Re: Server Monitoring

Have you looked at Netwrix and Spiceworks?
    A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Try running a search for 'free syslog server for windows' and see what comes up. Looks like there's a lot out there. Network devices can almost always be configured to send syslog messages to a listening logger, so chances are you'll find something that fits your bill.
      *RicklesP*
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by kathy View Post
        I check Nagios but i am not sure whether i will set the alerts for network devices...it only supports servers...is it so ? or is there any other free tool available...Is solarwinds tools are good...
        Nagios can monitor any SNMP-capable device, meaning it can monitor just about anything except non-manageable switches.

What do you want to monitor? Availability/uptime? CPU usage? Line utilization? Nagios (have you considered the Icinga fork?) is for monitoring uptime, while Cacti is great for collecting performance statistics.

Comment

I have been using Monitance recently and it has worked out very well so far. You can monitor up to 2 servers and a website free for life, which is very convenient. They'll send you an alert right to your email or phone if there is ever a problem.

Comment

nagios absolutely does what you need, and is free.
            Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
            X