Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 R2 Print server e-mail notification

Hi,

We have a new print server in Windows 2008 R2. I would like the use the e-mail notification in the custom filter.
    When I use a shared mailbox, the print server can't keep the credentials information (login,password and domain) to send the e-mail but I receive the e-mail when I open the console of the print management.
    When I use a user mailbox, same thing.

Have you any procedure or any ideas how to configure those e-mail ?

Best regards

Re: Windows 2008 R2 Print server e-mail notification

I havent done this.. but just a thought.. Have you try to configure the printer server with anonymous authentication to your mailserver? that way you don't have to use credential to authenticate. Your mail must allow anonymous authentication ofcourse.

Comment

Hi,
      I have put a print screen of the e-mail notification configuration in attachment.
      I have also chek my Exchange allow anonymous authentification.

Best regards
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by buyway View Post
        Hi,
        I have put a print screen of the e-mail notification configuration in attachment.
        I have also chek my Exchange allow anonymous authentification.

Best regards
        Are you running the task as "Administrator" or the highest privilleges? and make sure "Do not store password" option is uncheck.

Comment

Hi,

This is not a schedule task.
          In the "print managemant" (Start --> Administrative Tools --> Print management), you right clic on "Custom Filters" then you choose "Add New Printer Filter".
          You choose a name for the filter, then the condition and then you can ask the system to send you a e-mail when a printer match your filter.

best regard

Comment

Hi,
            I have found the solution : there is no soluition
            In fact there is one. You have to keep the print management conole open so you have to lock a session.
            best regards

Comment

Working...
            X