Unable to access the child folder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to access the child folder.

Hi Friends, (PLEASE HELP IT IS URGENT.......)

I have given Full access to a user for a particular folder (Folder A). But the user is not able to access any folder under A (b,c,d......etc).

But when i view the effective permission of the user it shows up Full access.

NOTE: we have a policy to give access to the user via security group and not directly giving access to the user.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!

Re: Unable to access the child folder.

Check effective permissions on the child, not the parent (not clear if that is what you are doing)
    Look for any deny permissions

How is the user accessing the folder - UNC path or local drive?

Note this thread has nothing to do with GPO so moving it to Server 2008 as best guess of a place to put it
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Its sound like in the subfolders. At somepoint someone remove "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parents"

Look at one of the denied ojbects or folder and see the permission property and if that inheritable box is unchecked..
      Last edited by Humannetwork; 26th February 2014, 16:59.

Comment

HI All,

Thank you very much for the reply......

Humannetwork , was right there was an inheritance issue in the security permissions.

I will have to work more on NTFS security

Comment

Working...
        X