Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RRAS on Server 2008

Here's the issue I am having.
    My VPN is currently on a server 2003. I have installed it on my server 2008. I go into my sonicwall and changed the IP address from 192.168.0.11 (old VPN server) to the new IP 192.168.0.13 (new VPN server) and I am unable to connect to VPN.
    However if I change the IP address of the new server to 192.168.0.11 I can connect via VPN just fine.
    I'm not sure if it matters but my old VPN server is also a backup domain controller and DNS, the new server is just a file share server and has IIS enabled for our antivirus.
    I've looked at every setting I can think of and I even called Sonicwall and they state everything looks good in my settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated in this!

Re: RRAS on Server 2008

Could there be some client side settings hard wired to the first IP address?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

@Ossian not that I can see. I deleted the VPN connection and recreated it on several machines machines with the same result.

Comment

Maybe something in your firewall pointing to a specific IP? I know when we were having VPN issues at my old job, our network engineer would have to make a change to the ASA.

Comment

@Bertmax I found in my firewall were it is pointing to a specific IP and I changed it but still doesn't work. I even called Sonicwall and they said the setting that I had been changing is the only one that needed to be changed for VPN to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cnelson7007 View Post
            @Bertmax I found in my firewall were it is pointing to a specific IP and I changed it but still doesn't work. I even called Sonicwall and they said the setting that I had been changing is the only one that needed to be changed for VPN to work.
            OK, something else I'm sort of remembering, but I believe in our ASA, both the IP and the hostname had to match. I wish I was still working at my last job, because this sounds terribly familiar, but I wasn't the network engineer. Good luck with this.

Comment

Can you try this.

1. Make sure your Windows Firewall is off on Win2k8.

Try the client connection again.

2. off hours.. Turn off the old win2k3 server for temporary.
              Assign the win2k3 IP to Server2k8 for temporary.
              Test the client connection again.

If it works, then you have some some static route somewhere on your firewall.

Comment

are there definitely no other firewall rules that might be impacting ?
                Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Working...
                X