trust relationship failed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trust relationship failed

i am in a pretty messy situation. The issue is as follows. all of a sudden one of the employees computer got out of the network, i.e it says while entering the username and password, : trust relationship between the workstation and primary domain failed. Now i tried many ways and then i reset the computer in the AD. it works fine but once he logs off again he is out. i need to reset his account from the AD. now people suggested switching off the wifi and entering as normal user i.e administrator and changing the pc to workgroup and then rejoining to the domain, but for this another issue popped up. i cannot access the computer account of administrator. it says it is disabled. i tried to enable but now the message in the computer management are a when trying to enable it is that the password complexity does not match

it is all round attack.. hehe.. please give me a solution

Re: trust relationship failed

1.Make it sure that your Dns is configured properly and verify your SRV records.

2.Turn off the firewall from both side or manually allow the client computer to access your server.

3.Temporary disable if any antivirus application running on DC or server.

4.Perform DCDIAG test on domain controller for any error.

5.Multihomed DC is not recommended, being a VPN Server and even simply running RRAS makes it multi-homed.

6.If multiple NICs are present on DC, disable unused NIC.

7.Check the NIC binding on member server as well as on DC.

Perform above steps and let us know the result

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    ** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
    and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

If you can logon to the workstation as any kind of admin account (Domain Admin with cached credentials or a Local Admin, even if it is the domain user) then you can run the network ID wizard and rejoin the computer to the domain with the same settings. That's fixed it for me every time I've seen this issue.

Windows Vista and higher automatically disables the "Administrator" local account and makes you create a local admin user at install time, so if you can get in to the machine you should be able to see the local admin username from the profile folders in c:\users or the Users control panel applet.
      BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
      sigpic
      Cruachan's Blog

Comment

i have temporarily solved the problem by giving a static IP, but since the laptop uses wifi, it needs dhcp...so the problem will pop up again. I have checked the NIC binding, dcdiag etc.. its all fine. will it be due to some group policy?

Comment

Refer Microsoft Technet Article for Troubleshooting AD: Trust Relationship between Workstation and Primary Domain failed

https://social.technet.microsoft.com...in-failed.aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162797

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
          ** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
          and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

I have one computer that does it 2-3 times a year. We upgrade NIC drivers this past time and haven't seen the error again. What I do is de-join from the domain and reboot. Clear the computer account out of AD and re-join and let it truck on. I have read an article in the past about changing the computer password with netdom. Next time it occurs I will give it a go. Heres the link:

Comment

implbits.com/About/Blog/tabid/78/post/don-t-rejoin-to-fix-the-trust-relationship-between-this-workstation-and-the-primary-domain-failed/Default.aspx

Comment

Found this "solution" as a way to stop Trust Relationship failures.

Open Network and Sharing Center and click Change adapter settings
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Trust-break-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	466785

ALT+F and click Advanced and then Advanced settings

Name:	Trust-break-3.jpg
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	466786

Click on Provider Order tab

Name:	Trust-break-4.jpg
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	466787

Select Microsoft Windows Network

Name:	Trust-break-5.jpg
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	466788

Move Microsoft Windows Network and move to the top of the list

Name:	Trust-break-6.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	466789

Microsoft Field Engineer provided the following command at some training last year that is supposed to repair the broken Trust without having to remove the client from the Domain and then rejoin it.

Broken trust reset command - netdom.exe resetpwd /server:<domaincontroller> /userD:<admin user> /passwordD *
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Interesting. Going to try this next time one of my VMs exhibits trust issues. Working with snapshots a lot seems to be bad for computer account integrity.

Comment

The feedback will earn you points just for that information.

Haven't had the chance to try the syntax yet as the previous tech gave the bloody students Admin rights to the machines and the little bastards went and changed the default Administrator one that the image was deployed with. Took me a while to figure that one out due to the bloody mess the prick left the site in. Over 200 machines and 30% were NOT working, no Internet or booted into Recovery Mode. On top of that I had to totally rebuild the whole domain my first day on the job but they didn't had an adequate Server. The boss thought a 7 year old Acer Altos G330, 1 x 160GB HDD and 4GB RAM was sufficient to run a network with that many machines. Sorry [/rant off]. Click image for larger version

Name:	angryoldman.gif
Views:	14
Size:	2.8 KB
ID:	466793
                    1 1 was a racehorse.
                    2 2 was 1 2.
                    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                    X