No announcement yet.

Using DC to add printer

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using DC to add printer

I can add a printer to a TS, share, set security, and then select List In Directory.... The domain user could add that way, but i would like to do it another way.

I have a couple TS's, and 1 DC controlling them both. I have some printers installed on 1 TS, and others on another TS.

I would like for a user to log into their respective server, and have a printer set up for them, no matter which server it's on.

On my Domain Controller. I tried on my GPO under, User Configuration>Preferences>Control Panel Settings>Printers. I mapped a printer there, then when to the terminal server, and added the domain user to the security but that didn't work.

Any Ideas,

Last edited by Kobe 310; 27th January 2014, 22:09.

Re: Using DC to add printer

Check other policies applying to the TS aren't in loopback mode and removing user settings

Usual RSoP/GPResult to make sure the policy does apply
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Using DC to add printer

Figured it out.

Went to my DC, created a GPO in the OU, That I created for the company.
      I then went to the TS, that has the printer, and selected Print Management>Print Servers>Host Name> Printers, right clicked on the printer i wanted, and selected "Deploy With Group Policy".

A box will open up. I selected Browse, in the Group Policy Object Box, Selected the GPO i just created, Check Marked "The Users That This GPO Applies To" Selected "ADD", and Apply.

I then logged on to a TS, that didn't have the printer installed on, and WALLAH, the printer was there!!!