Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check users permissions...

Hi,

I want to check all users on the active directory to see what permissions they have got.
    like, who has the permission to join any machine to the domain, or who has permission to join specific machines to the domain. etc.

Is there a easy way to to do this, because I use the delegation for users for join machine to domain.

thanks
    Pete

Re: check users permissions...

This may help:
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...rmissions.aspx

IIRC join machines to domain is set through group policy, so GPResult too....
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

thank you
      I will look into those

Comment

AccessEnum

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb897332.aspx

Hooray for SysInternals
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

All authenticated users can join up to 10 computers to the domain by default.

Comment

Thanks Ossian and Blood they seem to help me out,

and Bertmax, I have disabled that function, so all authenticated users need permission.

Comment

it feels like you may have alot of work ahead of you...

once you've found the permissions, consider giving a group permission in future, and add the members who need to perform the action to a group
              then it's far easier to know who can do what

especially if you're effusive in the group descriptions about what it does
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

alot of work indeed. probably keep me busy for weeks to come.

but thats a good idea, the domain is such a mess, and sorting it out slowly. even still got "account unknown" in some places!

I really like to create a new domain and migrate from one to other! but I am not that advanced to do that!

currently running Server 2008, and testing out server 2012. plus I want to change the domain name too, currently called 'windows' - i didnt name this! the previously sysadmin did, over a decade ago.

Comment

This is exactly what prompted me to start using groups. Even with less than 50 user accounts it became a nightmare finding out who had access to what. Groups made my life so much easier

Once you've got the network documented it won't seem such a mess, and you'll probably be able to tweak it to your satisfaction
                  A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
                  X