Computer Configuration Settings Greyed out as Administrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Configuration Settings Greyed out as Administrator

Hay i am sory for my brievety. I am in a little bit of a rush and time is limited.

I have a problem on one of my servers and i cannot figre out how to fix it. We run a workgroup and user log in with rdp. All of a sudden my users have access to control.exe and related, so after some digging i found out that disable computer configuration settings is selected and it is greyed out so i cannot enable it for the gpo to take affect again?

Please help me to get it unselcted.

Re: Computer Configuration Settings Greyed out as Administrator

Are you explicitly running tools as an administrator?

Comment

Originally posted by Virtual View Post
      Are you explicitly running tools as an administrator?
      Yes i have tried running mmc as administrator with the administrator account and still have the same problem i have attached a screenshot with the problem.
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you run gpedit.msc as an administrator by right clicking and running as an administrator? Is UAC turned on?

Comment

I have doen it in mmc and gpedit.msc and still the changes does no take effect when i relog a user or even after gpudate.

I have run both under administrator account and i have run them both administrator.
          It must be a setting somewhere disableing my gpo. i dont understand,some settings do take affect like removing drives from my computer and removing network link. but most of them do not take effect. i have no idee what to do any more.

Thank you so mutch for hellping me out!

PS. AUC is turned off

Comment

Working...
          X