DFS Replication Group problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFS Replication Group problem

I was trying to create a Replication Group in a Computer running Windows Server 2008 but there is an error message that says "team.local: cannot connect to the team.local domain. Logon Failure: unknown user or bad password."

What can I do to fix this problem if every computer has been joined to the team.local domain?
    please, help me!
    Thank you

Re: DFS Replication Group problem

Are you using a domain admin to create the group? Are you running the tool with elevated privileges?
    Regards,
    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I'm just creating the DFS Replication group in a server that is already joined to a domain, but it's not the host of the Active Directory.
      I'm trying to create this replication group from the account of this computer administrator, but not with the Domain Administrator account. How can I do this if I'm in another server which it's not the host of the AD?

Comment

DFS stores it's information in Active Directory. You either need to be a member of the Domain Admins group or be delegated the permissions to create and manage DFS replication. This applies to both domain controllers and member servers.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx
        Regards,
        Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Please, can you tell me where I need to delegate those permissions? Has it to be in the server running the File, Namespace, and Replication services, which it is joined to the domain, or in the server running the AD?
          Last edited by yuny; 5th December 2013, 18:40.

Comment

You can do it from any computer that has the DFS management tools installed.
            Regards,
            Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

In the DFS management console (on any computer with it installed):
              Click on the namespace (or root of namespaces) node and look for Delegate Management in the action pane (or right click the node)
              Tom Jones
              MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
              PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
              IT Trainer / Consultant
              Ossian Ltd
              Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thank you for your help Jeremy! I did it! The problem was that I was using the server administrator account instead of using a Domain Administrator account in order to create that Replication group.
                Again, thank you.
                Regards,
                Yuny

Comment

Glad to help.
                  Regards,
                  Jeremy

www.gma-cpa.com

Comment