Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offline Domain Join

Dear Jones sir,
    I am trying to do the offline domain join(in lab). Server side(windows server 2008r2) the command executed successfully.and I founded the PC name in active directory computers list.

but in the client machine(windows 7) after enter the command it is saying the text file(rampc.txt) can't find.failed to join in domain.

I saved the txt file in d: drive(in server).two machines are in same network and both are pinging.i have done this on virtual machines.

Regards,
    Durgavaraprasad
    M.Sc.
    +Be Good and Do Good+
    Last edited by durgavaraprasad; 3rd December 2013, 13:05.

Re: Offline Domain Join

If they are on the same network, why are you using an offline join - it is for e.g. remote machines which rarely touch the main LAN

Try copying the file to the local machine and running it from there
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Offline Domain Join

(sigh)
      You must get the file to the remote computer somehow -- email, FTP, dropbox, carrier pigeon...
      The file is created on the DC and must be executed on the remote machine
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
      X