No announcement yet.

Black sreens

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black sreens

I am new on this forum and I have a issue I can't resolve. When a user logs in the first time it goes well. When the user loges in the second time a black screen appears and it lest even untill 15 minutes before she can work normally. In these 15 minutes she only sees the mouse and she can move it to. Even after making new profiles. Now there are 3 other users that get the same issue. It seems like the problem expands. The users are using windows 7 and we have windows server 2008. Is there someone who knows what I am talking about? Please let me know because it would be a great help.

Thank you

Re: Black sreens

Anything in the event logs to cover the black screen interval?
    Are roaming profiles in use?
    How big is the user profile (particularly the desktop folder)?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Black sreens

When the black screen appears press Ctrl+Alt+Del and start Task Manager. Click File > New Task (Run) and type:

and press Enter.

The reason the black screen is appearing is because explorer has not started. I get this intermittently on my home Win7 PC though I have never waited to see if the Desktop will eventually appear. There is nothing in the logs on my PC to indicate why this happens.

If you are able I'd open a support case with Microsoft (I'd love to know why this happens)
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy