Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDS and Licence Server in the same server

Hi there.

Recently we got a server installed in our network for a special purpose service, this service has to be accessed locally, as the service works with terminal services we think in configure this service and allow the required users to access the service remotely.

So we went and purchase 10 CALs (with just need 6) for this, now I'm wondering if we can enable the role of remote desktop service and also remote desktop service license in the same server instead of a specif server just for this?

PD: I'm searching Google Right now and I couldn't find any information about it

regards
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Re: RDS and Licence Server in the same server

AFAIK there are no problems with the license server also being an RDS server - I have not tried it in 2008R2 but had no problems in the past with 2003
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
      AFAIK there are no problems with the license server also being an RDS server - I have not tried it in 2008R2 but had no problems in the past with 2003
      Great, thank you for the answer.
      When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long to return.

Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

Done it in 2008 R2 and 2012 with no issues having the 2 roles on the same server.
        BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
        sigpic
        Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Working...
        X