Dism error:0x80220001

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dism error:0x80220001

I'm trying to upgrade Server 2008R2 from standard to Enterprise, I run the following command

dism /online /set-edition:ServerEnterprise /productkey:489j6-vhdmp-x63pk-3k798-cpx3y /norestart

Everything goes fine until "Starting to apply edition-specific settings..." Then I receive the following error,

Error:0x80220001

An error occured while applying target edition component settings.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Re: Dism error:0x80220001

Have you tried this command to make sure you can upgrade.
    C:\Windows\system32>DISM /online /Get-TargetEditions

There should also be a log at:
    C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Have also read the machine can't be a DC.

Try the command without the /norestart switch.
    dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerEnterprise /ProductKey:489J6-VHDMP-X63PK-3K798-CPX3Y
    Last edited by uk_network; 28th October 2013, 21:32.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthier View Post
      I'm trying to upgrade Server 2008R2 from standard to Enterprise, I run the following command

dism /online /set-edition:ServerEnterprise /productkey:489j6-vhdmp-x63pk-3k798-cpx3y /norestart

Everything goes fine until "Starting to apply edition-specific settings..." Then I receive the following error,

Error:0x80220001

An error occured while applying target edition component settings.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?
      Please review http://workinghardinit.wordpress.com...ons-with-dism/

As uk_network suggested there is no /norestart switch required.

I have just tested on a new server build that i had, vm, and it was successfully completed. Please be aware that you MUST restart to complete the changes.

Comment

You may possibly want to edit out the product key before world+dog start (mis)using it
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          You may possibly want to edit out the product key before world+dog start (mis)using it
          Its the KMS key

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../jj612867.aspx

Comment

All I saw was a apparently valid key....
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post

All I saw was a apparently valid key....
              Ha ha it is valid but only for a KMS installation. You MUST have a valid MAK to activate the KMS.

But hey i'm probably trying to teach granny how to suck eggs telling you that LOL.

Comment

Too early in the morning over here - coffee hasn't kicked in yet...
                Tom Jones
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am aware that I must restart the server for the upgrade to actually take place. The only reason I included the /norestart switch is to see the error message. If I don't include the /norestart switch, I am asked to restart, and if I say yes, the error is displayed, but it quickly disappears.

I've noticed that the command works fine on a server without SP1.
                  But if I install SP1, the command fails.

Perhaps it has something to do with the version of Dism?

Version of Dism is 6.1.7600.16385 regardless, while pre SP1 version of Enterprise is 6.1.7600.16385, and SP1 version of Enterprise is 6.1.7601.17514

Also, if I manually restart the server, it will Upgrade itself to Enterprise, but yet I see that error Message when running the command, and there are errors in Dism.log

Comment

Originally posted by Balthier View Post
                    Thanks for the feedback guys.

I am aware that I must restart the server for the upgrade to actually take place. The only reason I included the /norestart switch is to see the error message. If I don't include the /norestart switch, I am asked to restart, and if I say yes, the error is displayed, but it quickly disappears.

I've noticed that the command works fine on a server without SP1.
                    But if I install SP1, the command fails.

Perhaps it has something to do with the version of Dism?

Version of Dism is 6.1.7600.16385 regardless, while pre SP1 version of Enterprise is 6.1.7600.16385, and SP1 version of Enterprise is 6.1.7601.17514

Also, if I manually restart the server, it will Upgrade itself to Enterprise, but yet I see that error Message when running the command, and there are errors in Dism.log
                    I'm not sure why you get the error message then. Works fine on my system here ad i'm running SP1.

Comment

Working...
                    X