• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNS - redirection local www

I have 2 services in our local network:
    - serwis1.firma.pl
    - serwis2.firma.pl

I would like our users from the local network to be able to appeal to these services on the basis of the domain name. I have the Internet website at external supplier at firma.pl. I have created DNS zone in Windows DNS named firma.pl and later
    I have added records for both services serwis1.firma.pl and serwis2.firma.pl with redirection to server local address. Now the following problem has occured- it is not possible to open the website firma.pl available at external supplier. How can I make redirection of address firma.pl on the external server?

Thank you in advance.

With regards,

Andrzej

Re: DNS - redirection local www

Firstly you need to make you service1 and service2 externally accessible and test it by say modifying you computers host file so when you browse to your service1,2 it doesn't go via DNS but gets resolved locally. If both service 1 and 2 are to be accesible on port 80 they both need separate external IP address. If you get this working then setting up DNS records at your ISP should be very easy.

Comment

Re: DNS - redirection local www

It sounds as if you may have created an Internal DNS zone called 'Firma.Pl' and added Host (A) records called serwis1 and serwis2 pointing to Internal IPs. Is that correct?

In which case, you'll need to add a www Host (A) record with the External IP address that Clients usally obtain from the External DNS zone for Firma.PL or remove the Internal Firma.Pl zone and created two Fordway lokup zones called serwis1.firma.pl and serwis2.firma.pl and a place a Host (A) record in each that points to the relevant internal IP but don't assign it a name. This way, only serwis1.firma.pl and serwis2.firma.pl will be resolved by your internal DNS and all other services for firma.pl will be resolved by External DNS.

Comment

Working...
      X