Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Certificates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Certificates

I have a question on what I need as far as certificates on my gateway setup.

My setup is like this;
    Firewall is pointed to the Windows 2008 R2 Gateway server
    I have two Windows 2008 R2 Remote Desktop hosts in the server farm
    When you connect using the DNS alias (I'll call it TS) I receive a certificate warning from whichever server the gateway is sending me to.
    This happens whether I am connecting internally or externally

So the question is do I need a certificate for the Gateway or do I need one for each RD host server? It seems obvious but I know but I want to make sure.

Re: Windows 2008 Remote Desktop Certificates

Wow!! I am dissapointed that nobody at this blog was willing to help with this question. 80 + people looked but nobody answered. It seemed like such a simple query too.

Comment

Hi, this link should help.
      http://blogs.msdn.com/b/rds/archive/...s-gateway.aspx
      If you get a certificate warning you can manually add the cert to your personal cert store on your local computer. Is a really nice guide.
      If carlsberg made guides..
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by bixby1960 View Post
        Wow!! I am dissapointed that nobody at this blog was willing to help with this question. 80 + people looked but nobody answered. It seemed like such a simple query too.
        As an administrator, I have to apologise for the poor quality of service you have received - you really should demand a refund of your membership fee

<sarcasm off>

Please remember that all members here help in their free time and in general will not post unless they can give an authoritative answer. There is no timescale for response and the fact that 80 people read your thread without answers suggests that perhaps it is not as simple as you suspect. If you need help in a shorter timescale, raise the issue with Microsoft Product Support Services, who will put a team of engineers onto it and not stop until it is resolved. All major credit cards are accepted
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X