Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prevent User to use Previous Version Tab on Local Share Folders.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent User to use Previous Version Tab on Local Share Folders.

Hi,

I have a Server 2008 Standard file server. I would like to use the built-in schedule file backup to back-up the network share folders on this server to a external drive. BUT if I enable that it will allow 40+ our users to restore any files on those network share folders. That can't happen. I know there's a registry trick to disable their restore button, BUT each user has a local 2nd back-up drive installed on their computers AND they're using the Windows 7 scheduled backups to backup the files on their C: drives nightly.

Is it possible to only allow the Domain administrators to restore files from it's previous versions feature on network shared folders?

Re: Prevent User to use Previous Version Tab on Local Share Folders.

You could try the GPO template here: http://clayshek.wordpress.com/2008/0...-versions-tab/
    And have a policy scoped to domain users (you may need a domain admins policy to reverse the template as GPOs are sticky)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X