Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server logo saus WSUS web service not working?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server logo saus WSUS web service not working?

As far as I can tell WSUS is working just fine...but I really have no idea what the WSUS web service is and how/why IIS would be involved.

Can someone educate me what this error is about and if it's a concern considering WSUS appears to be working fine.
    Attached Files

Re: Server logo saus WSUS web service not working?

Try drilling into the reports in WSUS and you will hit problems

WSUS is all web services, so relies on IIS being available
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Can you be a bit more specific in my search...or how to find data that will leave to a theory of what is triggering this general error.

I've looked in the general Event Viewer in detail and can find no red "errors" anywhere pertaining to WSUS...looking in all categories including System.

When I go to the Update Services snap-in none of the reports there are showing any concerns although they tend to focus on the status of clients.

All clients are getting updates as I see them show up and get installed daily.

Are any of these reports (see screenshot) of use for this question?
      Attached Files

Comment

Your original error says the "reporting web service" is not running, which will stop WSUS reports running but should not affect any other functionality. Test this by viewing a report (should error)

IMHO reports are a "nice to have" but not essential so if WSUS is otherwise OK, I would be tempted to ignore this one issue
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X