Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Internet Problem

Hello,

I have 2 windows server 2008 R2 domain controllers but both domain controllers are pointing to Google DNS. These computers were used in a different office location and there was no problem with the network. We recently moved office to another location. On the first day in the new office there was Internet connection and we could browse the web. As at today there is Internet connection but we cannot browse the web. I can even VPN to the office and it works well. Our telephone systems all work using the same Internet connection. I have tried many things but still we cannot browse the web.

We can ping www.google.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk and also their associated IPs.

Please idea to help me resolve this is much appreciated.

Wisdom.

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Internet Problem

Originally posted by wissywise View Post
    Hello,

I have 2 windows server 2008 R2 domain controllers but both domain controllers are pointing to Google DNS. These computers were used in a different office location and there was no problem with the network. We recently moved office to another location. On the first day in the new office there was Internet connection and we could browse the web. As at today there is Internet connection but we cannot browse the web. I can even VPN to the office and it works well. Our telephone systems all work using the same Internet connection. I have tried many things but still we cannot browse the web.

We can ping www.google.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk and also their associated IPs.

Please idea to help me resolve this is much appreciated.

Wisdom.
    Remove the Google DNS and use the servers IP address and then Google DNS in the DNS forwarders tab.

Comment

Re: Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Internet Problem

Sorry what I forgot to do was that the former ISP's DNS server IPs were still in the forwarder's tab. By removing that and changing it with the google DNSs everything works fine.

Thanks to Wullieb 1 for his valuable help and contribution.

Wisdom

Comment

Working...
      X