Perfmon Puzzle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfmon Puzzle

We recently installed some software onto our Citrix environment and the servers are now running very slow.

My boss has asked me to prove it was down to this software before he goes back to the software vendor and has asked for some performance monitoring charts to see which application is using what resource.

Ive tried to set this up on perfmon but I cant see anywhere where you can choose to monitor the process on the task manager & save them to a graph or something visual.

Can anyone help me out?

Im running server 2008 R2

Re: Perfmon Puzzle

Originally posted by Deland01 View Post
    We recently installed some software onto our Citrix environment and the servers are now running very slow.

My boss has asked me to prove it was down to this software before he goes back to the software vendor and has asked for some performance monitoring charts to see which application is using what resource.

Ive tried to set this up on perfmon but I cant see anywhere where you can choose to monitor the process on the task manager & save them to a graph or something visual.

Can anyone help me out?

Im running server 2008 R2
    Try creating a Data Collector Set.

A Data Collector Set is the building block of performance monitoring and reporting in Windows Performance Monitor. It organizes multiple data collection points into a single component that can be used to review or log performance. A Data Collector Set can be created and then recorded individually, grouped with other Data Collector Set and incorporated into logs, viewed in Performance Monitor, configured to generate alerts when thresholds are reached, or used by other non-Microsoft applications. It can be associated with rules of scheduling for data collection at specific times. Windows Management Interface (WMI) tasks can be configured to run upon the completion of Data Collector Set collection.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc749337.aspx

Comment

Brilliant, thanks

I've worked out how to se something up, does anyone know what value I need to add in order to monitor the "Image Name" column on the Processes tab on task manger?

Comment

If anyone else is wanting to set this up they would need to do the following:

In Perfmon create x2 data collector sets

App CPU Usage
        Processes> % User Time> select the application instances to monitor from the bottom box

App Mem Usage
        Processes> Working Set - Private> select the application instances to monitor from the bottom box

Comment

Working...
        X