Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide(s) on ads group policy making

Hi All!

I am using this medium to seek for a good step-by-step guide on group policy making on AD system of windows 2008 R2.

Please let your guide(s) be detailed.

Thanks.

Re: Guide(s) on ads group policy making

Can you explain exactly what you are after, and what research you have done already. Group Policy is a complex area and tends to be very different for every environment.

All I would suggest is to plan carefully, and consider the impact of GPO application on users and computers, rather than rushing in and tweaking every possible setting.

Fortunately group policies are well documented and most settings include detailed descriptions of their impact.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I know about planning which is what I am already doing. More so, GPO impact on users and computers on the network system. What I need is just a general overview guide on AD group policy making to best practices.

Thanks.

Comment

So you want a "detailed" "general overview" guide for group policy.

Most AD courses cover this, and it is difficult to recommend best practice without understanding your environment in some detail, so perhaps referring to training materials would help.

As a starting point, for "Group Policy Best Practice" would give you some useful advice
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks @ Ossian.

Comment

Working...
          X