Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Type Restriction on folder

Hi,

I am trying to create a folder on my server which people can access and store ONLY .jpg images into. I want it locked so it doesnt allow people to save things like .doc and .xls files into. Is there a way of doing this? It sounds simple but I can't think of a way to do it.
    Server is 2008r2

Re: File Type Restriction on folder

I believe you can do this with File Screening (which is a component of File Server Resource Manager) but I have no first hand experience doing it.

Comment

Yes - FSRM will do it for you. Open FSRM, expand File screening Management and right-click File Screens > Create File Screen. Define the path to the folder you wish to control then click the Custom button. Select everything apart from Image Files. Done!
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
        Yes - FSRM will do it for you. Open FSRM, expand File screening Management and right-click File Screens > Create File Screen. Define the path to the folder you wish to control then click the Custom button. Select everything apart from Image Files. Done!
        Spot on! Thats perfect thanks for the instructions also, working a treat . Also thanks very much also to joeqwerty!

Petri is great!

Comment

Hi

ok let me explain you, this could be easily and efficiently done by microsoft file server resource manager (windows server 2008 features)
          once you installed this feature you could easily identify a option called file screening by using this option you could filter or disallow to save various types of extension.

Good luck!

abdul majeed
          bsc(hons),hnd,mcts,mbcs,comp tia

Comment

Only took three weeks to work that one out

Suggestion: try reading earlier posts in the thread before replying
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
            X