Problem running programs in 2008 over DRP connection

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem running programs in 2008 over DRP connection

This is a long shot, but I am trying to run livedrive (livedrive.com) on server 2008 R2.

Its a dedicated server but hosted in a datacenter, so I only have remote desktop access.

Livedrive installs, but does not run properly - for example, if you try to access the settings, it does nothing for a while, then crashes - no particular error, just says it was forced to close.

I spoke to livedrive support but they said it is likely something to do with it being on a remote desktop connection, and something to do with permissions/restrictions and that they cant support the scenario. But they did say it would normally work on server 2008.

I have installed ALL windows updates, the machine is not on a domain, and I am logged in with local administrator account (Via RDP).

I have also turned off user access control.

I get the feeling this is a common issue, becuase I have had similar thing with a few other programs running via RDP - for example, logmein rescue does not work from the client side, deluge torrent software also crashes.

Just wondering if anyone knows what would effect this sort of thing that is specific to RDP connection??
    David Silvester
    Systems Administrator

Re: Problem running programs in 2008 over DRP connection

try mstsc /admin or mstsc /console (will open like a "console" session)
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Re: Problem running programs in 2008 over DRP connection

tried both of those flags, but still no joy.
      David Silvester
      Systems Administrator

Comment

Working...
      X