No announcement yet.

Lost VPN and SMTP after Reboot of 2008 R2

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost VPN and SMTP after Reboot of 2008 R2

I am sure there is something I am missing but what I am not sure. Last weekend I rebooted our Windows 2008 R2 server. Everything seemed to be fine when I was done so I didn't think about it. This week though I have had a couple issues which luckily I could push the functions to another server so my users don't mind but I'm not sure what is going on. As of right now no one can connect to the VPN, when they try if they get an 800 and if they are set to PPTP specifically they get an 807 (almost instantly). Everything shows that it is up and running but even inside the environment trying to connect by IP I get the same error. As the day went on I was informed that our VOIP system wasn't sending VM's to email as it had been before. When I set up the SMTP relay on the other server it works fine but it wouldn't send anything. Event Viewer doesn't seem to have errors when these are happening so it is like it just isn't receiving any data. I checked and confirmed the software firewall is off. I can connect to the server without issue by RDP and shared drives on that server can be accessed without issue. Two updates where installed at that time and once I have a chance I will be uninstalling them (KB2807986 & KB2674319). Anyone have thoughts on what else I can do to test or possibly what the issue is?