Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RDP to Member Server

Hello Experts,

My apologies if this has been answered before. The issue I'm having is RDP'ing into a (total of 3) member server that are joined to a Windows 2008 R2 Domain.

I could login with the server's local admin credentials. But when I'm trying to use domain\administrator with correct passwords. I am unable to do so.

Usually, this issue is the other way around. Obviously, on the ADC Server itself once you DcPromo the local administrator account is replaced. I don't have a problem there.

Thanks for your help!!

Re: RDP to Member Server

what error message do you get ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Thanks for reply tehcamel. I think I've figure it out. The domain AD name was too long (e.g Robenterprises.domain), when logging in if I use the full domain\username. It just keep asking for a valid credentials, since it is a member server then I can only use the local admin account. When I leave out the 's' it logons to the domain correctly.

With that being said, is this an issue I should be worried about in the long run?"

Thanks again for the help!!

Comment

... actually the domain name is Robotenterprises.domain

Comment

You should use either NetBIOS format:
          SHORTDOMAIN\Username
          or UPN format:
          [email protected]
          Last edited by Ossian; 6th May 2013, 18:18.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X