No announcement yet.

website blocking problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website blocking problem

Hi ,

We are using Windows Server 2008 R2 64 bit edition and install a VMWare Workstation on it. Create one Windows 2003 Servers Std edition and install ISA Server 2004 on that.

Here is the IP configuration i have made inside this.

DC Server IP

GW ( ISA Server IP )

ISA Server IP

GW ( Router IP )

DNS :

Is this configuration is correct ?

Also i tried to block the from isa server , but somehow its opening only.

I created a URL Set and Domain Name Set as below set deny on that , but still its opening.

Block this

Domain Name System

IS this configuration is correct , then why still i am able to access that from client machine. I have also nslookup and check all available IP for facebook and even add those in URL Set..but still its opening.

So do i need to add updated ip everyday in URL Set...that will not be a good option.

Also can anyone suggest some good software , which is able to block some this is small firm , please provide some suggestions...

Re: website blocking problem

Are the clients actually using the ISA server or are they going directly to the inter-web-thingy?

IIRC there is an ISA client that needs to be deployed (but note I have not used ISA for a long, long time so that may be wrong)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Hi ,

I have tried with both one by one ...install firewall client in client machine as well as using a webproxy also...but still my clients are able to open the

so , where exactly i am missing the things...

please help...

just get an old computer, p4 with two NICs and at least 512 megs of ram and a 40 gig hard drive and create a smoothwall box. install advproxy and urlfilter...

should take you about an hour at the most if you follow this walk-thru, even with no linux experience.

Setup Smoothwall Express 3.0 as a second layer web proxy and filter.

ive done a dozen of these for small operations that cant afford a dedicated MTU or the tech. they can manage the whitelist and blacklist via webpage.
        its easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission.
        Give karma where karma is due...

Check your NIC config using this link:-

Make sure that the Facebook block rule is higher in the rule order than the Web Access rule as well.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          Cruachan's Blog