Group Policy still being applied after deleted

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy still being applied after deleted

Hi there,

I created a couple group policies eg
    • enable proxy to prevent internet access - the policy was linked and then deleted from the respective OU and the user cant access the internet. The only way the user will have internet access is if i delete their user account and recreate it
    • prevent removable usage devices - when this policy is linked and then removed from the respective ou it is still preventing the usage of the removable media
    • enable windows firewall - when the link is remove the seems as though the policy is still being applied
    gp result does not inidicate these policies are being still applied.

I understand that a policy makes adjustments to the registry therefore I should do the reverse policy but when this is done the result is the same

Can someone share some more light on this for me.

Re: Group Policy still being applied after deleted

Group policies make permanent changes to the registry (as you know) so to "unapply" them you need to create another policy which reverses the changes made by the original one (explicitly undoes changes, not just set them to "undefined")

Have you done this (your post below is unclear)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **