No announcement yet.

about new domain

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• about new domain

Hi ,

I have just install the windows server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition on IBM X3300 M4 Series Server . The installation is almost same only we need to boot the server using IBM Server OS 9.3. Now after OS is getting install when i first try to install ADDS Role , its giving error , we need to set the password for administrator.

I run this command

net user administrator HelloWorld%55 /passwordreq:yes

it completed successfully but still it is not allowing me to install the domain , so i just reboot the server and then it just lock the server , its not allowing me to login with Administrator Password..I tried with the password which i use in that command , i tried with blank password which was blank earlier..but its not allowing me to login...

so what could be the issue...please help..

Re: about new domain

If it is a new build server, I would consider a full reinstall but NOT using the IBM installation media -- use the normal Server 2K8 media instead and pull drivers off the IBM media when you need to. I have found this recently with HP and Fujitsu, that when you use their install media, you get a very wierd Windows install at the end, and for both I have had to scrap the setup and install manually as above.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: about new domain

Same thing goes for Dell--their 'Life Cycle Management' software won't let us install Windows 2012 Datacenter on 4 boxes, because it refuses to accept any license keys, OEM from the sticker or thru our paid licensing from MS site. We gave up and did as Ossian suggested--Windows install disk and downloaded drivers. They work fine.
      MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **