This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy

I am trying to configure GP To force the computer desktop wall paper to change but iam having no luck at all. ive done a gpupdate /force and even restarted and even refresh on the desktop but nothing, help with this would be appreciated

Re: Group Policy

Hi! Have u enforce the group policy to users or
    computers, check that first and restart your server.
    Just restart your server and check the result

good luck

Comment

Hi

Ive forced the gpupdate on each system on the network from cmd, it tells me the user gp was successful but the computer update wasnt. ill boot the server backup and try again and give you the results as per my screen on my next post, maybe that will help

Comment

this is the output from command prompt when i run gpupdate /force command

Updating policy...

Computer policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain c
        ontroller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the
        machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has successfully processe
        d. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.
        User Policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:

The processing of Group Policy failed because of lack of network connectivity to a domain c
        ontroller. This may be a transient condition. A success message would be generated once the
        machine gets connected to the domain controller and Group Policy has successfully processe
        d. If you do not see a success message for several hours, then contact your administrator.

To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the com
        mand line to access information about Group Policy results.

Comment

make sure your client computers have their primary DNS pointing to the Domain Controller as their DNS Server

make sure all the computers have the "work" or "domain" type network firewall profile in place (not public or home)
          Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Ok all is working now, i can update computer policy and have to do a restart for user policy, only problem is the policy isnt appying to my laptop, i can apply a short cut on my laptops desktop from gp but still cant change the desktop wall paper. what could i be doing wrong

Comment

Working...
            X