Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corrupted Recyle Bin on Domain Clients

Dear All,

We are having Windows 2008 R2 DC. The Domain Clients are xp/win 7.

Whenever user login they get this message " The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive". This message comes only after joining the client to the DC.

We already tried the command "rd /s /q C:\$Recycle.bin" to solve the issue but still we are getting the message.Please let me know is there any solution to the above issue.

Thanks,
    Ali.

Re: Corrupted Recyle Bin on Domain Clients

is this message a "one off" or does it appear every time at logon?
    If you select "Yes", what happens?
    Do you have any other client OSes and if so, what happens with them?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian, we are having only XP / win 7 clients. The message occurs everytime the user login.

Once we clicked the Yes, the message goes.

Comment

try this thread:
        http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-d31ed58080bf/

post from MarinersKnoll

otherwise - look at your GPOs. Are you possibly redirecting profiles?
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

hi tehcamel,

Thanks for the link, basically it seems I don't have solution to the problem.

Please note the PC's I joined most of them were in workgroup, it was not part of any domain.

Thanks,
          Mir Askari Ali.

Comment

Some other guy had the same issue and fixed it here. Could be worth a look.
            http://www.howtogeek.com/forum/topic...d-in-windows-7
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Originally posted by miraskariali View Post
              hi tehcamel,

Thanks for the link, basically it seems I don't have solution to the problem.

Please note the PC's I joined most of them were in workgroup, it was not part of any domain.

Thanks,
              Mir Askari Ali.
              your original post now makes no sense, becuase you state you have a 2008R2 Domain controller (thus lead me to beleive computers are joined to the domain and authenticate against the domain)
              In fact - you specifically state they are domain clients.

Yet then you say they are all in a workgroup.
              So I'm confused about exactly what's going on.

So, let's address this from another perspective.

Since your computers are in workgroups, and not domain-authenticating, please try this:

Create a new user name on one of the computers.
              Logon as that user, see if the problem exists.
              If it doesn't, great, we know it's a profile problem. Reset profiles for affected users
              If it does, then great, we know it's a system problem, look deeper. (but probably permissions related)

The same concept applies to domain based:
              have a different user log on to a computer where the issue occurs - if it happens agian, it's a wider issue, otherwise it's to do with corrupted permissions or profiles.

There is a solution, you simply aren't looking properly, aren't looking hard enough, or simply aren't understanding what you're looking at.
              Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Hi Tehcamel,

Your suggested link "social.technet.microsoft.com/...-d31ed58080bf/" was rectifying problem when we use ADMT to migrate profile.

To clear the doubt I mentioned, all our PC's were in workgroup (not domain clients) when we joined them to AD. Now all our PC's are domain clients and we manually move the workgroup profile to domain profile.

I hope your doubt is clear now.

Warm Regards,
                Ali.

Comment

But the point is that you have migrated a profile (never mind how) and are now seeing the problem, so why not try the fix tehcamel pointed you to?

The fix is for the problem (corrupt recycle bin), and the fact that admt is mentioned as part of a solution is not really anything to do with it (really, ADMT is a shell over migwiz)
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X