Unable To Login Into DSRM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable To Login Into DSRM

I'm using server 2008 r2 and I'm trying to login into directory services restore mode, but when I try to login I get "no logon servers available to service the logon request".

I only get it when trying to login to DSRM, I have no issues logging into normal mode. Any help would be appreciated!

Re: Unable To Login Into DSRM

Can you check that the Administrator user has not been disabled, renamed or that the password has expired in safe mode?

Comment

Originally posted by pjhutch View Post
      Can you check that the Administrator user has not been disabled, renamed or that the password has expired in safe mode?
      The Administrator account has been renamed, but I have another DC that has the account renamed and has no problem with DSRM. What do you mean by "password expired in safe mode?". How can the same password not be expired in normal mode, but then expire in DSRM? I didn't know this was possible.

Comment

DSRM passwords should not expire (by definition you don't know when you need them).

Since the account is a local one, behaviour on another DC is immaterial -- check the renaming (exactly) on the problem one.

Since you have other DCs, why are you doing an AD restore -- there may be another solution?
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          DSRM passwords should not expire (by definition you don't know when you need them).

Since the account is a local one, behaviour on another DC is immaterial -- check the renaming (exactly) on the problem one.

Since you have other DCs, why are you doing an AD restore -- there may be another solution?
          I'm just trying to test recovery from a remote share in DSRM, but since it is working on the other DC I'm just going to go that route.

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X