No announcement yet.

Cannot edit shared calendar hosted on IIS7.5 WebDav

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot edit shared calendar hosted on IIS7.5 WebDav

Hi There,

I am trying to setup a WebDav Calendar system for some of my users so they can share their calendar with external people. We currently have Exchange 2010 E-Mail hosted with Rackspace. Rackspace don't allow external calendar sharing on their systems even though Exchange 2010 supports it.

So I decided to pursue the WebDav route as an "in house" solution. I have managed to get the calendar uploaded into the WebDav system and have tested it on a standalone workstation and the calendar downloads the data ok with no dramas.

However, even when changing the NTFS permissions, playing around with some of the Handlers, turned off Anon Authentication and enabled Windows Authentication. It seems now matter what I do I cannot get the thing to allow the external users to Edit the Calendars in Microsoft Outlook.

As I said, they can see the calendar and it updates very well. But whenever I try and change an item the create New Calendar Item is always greyed out.

Does anyone have any pointers as to where I am going wrong please?

Server is running IIS 7.5 / Server 2008 R2 SP1 in a domain environment and users are using Outlook 2010