Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not able to install xp or win7 32 bit in windows server 2008 r2 (WDS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not able to install xp or win7 32 bit in windows server 2008 r2 (WDS)

hi,

i am not able to install windows xp or win7 32 bit Operating system through WDS in client system, in WDS it is listing all the x86 and x64 operating system in install images but when u boot from the client u only have the options of x64 bit install images, so what could be the possible problem, i can install x64 bit in client machines but not x86. plz help me out in this.

Re: Not able to install xp or win7 32 bit in windows server 2008 r2 (WDS)

Are you sure that you have the right boot and install images in WDS? Are you sure you're selecting the right ones when booting the client?

Comment

joeqwerty i am very sure, i am selecting the right boot and install image. for ur reference i am selecting the install and boot image from sources folder in windows 7 cd.

Comment

i am not having any problem with 64bit even when i capture a 64bit win xp there is no problem, but when i capture a 32bit win xp it shows in the install images list of wds but it does not show up when i boot from a client system.

Comment

Do you have a 32-bit boot image available?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yes i used a 32 bit boot image but also it does not work.

Comment

Ossian and joeqwerty, thanks for the suggestions, i just updated my boot image from a different dvd and now i am able to see the 32bit images also. THANK YOU.
              i want to leave reputation points for you but i am new to this forum, i dont know how to leave a reputation point, plz tell me how to do it

Comment

Click on the black and white yin-yang icon at the top right of a post and follow instructions

Glad you got that fixed -- sounds as if you had a corrupt boot image
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

yea i had a bad bad boot image

Comment

Working...
                  X