No announcement yet.

Folder Redirection - Roaming profiles

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection - Roaming profiles

Originally I had a 2003 SBS which has been replaced by a 2008 R2 Hyper-V host, 2008 R2 Guest DC. We dumped the whole sbs portion because it was never used.

Here is my question:

I used robocopy to transfer all of the data with all of the permissions etc. The old GPO for folder redirection was the SBS default, applied to the Desktop/My Documents. It worked, the windows vista and windows 7 computers were a bit flaky.

After transferring all data, shares, fmso roles etc I was able to get all of the XP machines to fully utilize the new server. ( new server = MARS, old server = VENUS)

Now the problem is with the Windows 7 and Vista machines. All mapped drives work, network printers, etc. for some bizarre reason the desktop will not redirect at all or it will only redirect to VENUS. On the other hand My Documents redirects to MARS perfectly fine. I want to rip my hair out, please some one help me with this.

Re: Folder Redirection - Roaming profiles

I'm sure this isn't the problem, but just something to consider.
    Don't forget to take into account the new locations for the Desktop, My Docs etc folders on Vista/7.

In XP - C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Desktop
    In Vista/7 - C:\Users\Username\Desktop