Dispaly Legal notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dispaly Legal notice

I am currently investigating the feature of displaying a Legal Notice on all domain PC/Laptops/Servers. The domain is a mix of Windows O/S i.e. XP/Vista/Win7/2003/2008...! There are approximately over 7000 devices on my domain and this is growing.

I have looked at the following: deploying-legal-notices-to-domain-computers-using-group-policy.aspx which is quiet useful, but I need to push the boundary a little bit further

I am familiar with the default GPO setting (which is very small on display) - however my issue is one of formatting. So my question is :-

Can I display with GPO a Legal Notice that is formatted in a particular style of font and colour?

Appreciate any help with this matter gang.

Sugevad

Re: Dispaly Legal notice

IIRC the GPO doesn't have font and size
    Your other option would be an HTA app that launches instead of the desktop, waits for user to accept the agreement, then launches the desktop
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Ossian.
      Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated. In regards to your solution - and please forgive this - how would one go about achieving such a solution?

Comment

Something like this?
        http://www.jhouseconsulting.com/2007...-using-a-hta-4
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X