No announcement yet.

Activation request repeated

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activation request repeated

Hi all,

I have a problem with my server asking to activate.
    I already activate the server successful but after a few days he is asking to activate again.
    The license i'm using is open license but even with the OEM license that came with the server he is asking for activation again after a few days

Help will be appreciated

Re: Activation request repeated

Any more clues to help us -- what OS is it?
    Physical or Virtual?
    Any changes being made that might trigger activation?
    How are you activating -- KMS or key?

Have you contacted Microsoft -- since this is open licensing they may be able to help
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

1. OS - Server 2008 R2 (this is also a DC)
      2. This is Phisycal machine
      3. No changes has been made in the server
      4. activating via a regular key (oem and open license key)
      5. Did not contact microsoft yet

Contact Microsoft.
        Departed: 23rd December 2015

I'm kind of in the same boat sort of. I started to back up my RDS licenses and when I went into manger, it said the server wasn't activated although I activated it maybe a year or so ago and added licenses on top. All of my RDS's are working right now and I'm almost afraid if I click on activate, it will do something crazy like it did when I first put the license on and shut everyone down. It took me a while to figure out how to get it back up. If I shut them down again, they will drag me out into the parking lot and set me on fire. I know I'm going to have to activate it at some point, but was wondering what to expect. Thanks.