Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event ID 1864

Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this site. Can anyone help me regarding the following error with Windows 2008 r2

This is the replication status for the following directory partition on this directory server.

Directory partition:
    CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=XXXXXX,DC=COM

This directory server has not recently received replication information from a number of directory servers. The count of directory servers is shown, divided into the following intervals.

More than 24 hours:
    More than a week:
    More than one month:
    More than two months:
    More than a tombstone lifetime:
    Tombstone lifetime (days):

Directory servers that do not replicate in a timely manner may encounter errors. They may miss password changes and be unable to authenticate. A DC that has not replicated in a tombstone lifetime may have missed the deletion of some objects, and may be automatically blocked from future replication until it is reconciled.

To identify the directory servers by name, use the dcdiag.exe tool.
    You can also use the support tool repadmin.exe to display the replication latencies of the directory servers. The command is "repadmin /showvector /latency <partition-dn>".

Thanks in Advance

Re: Event ID 1864

Can you tell us a bit more about your AD infrastructure?
    Is this the only DC?
    Is this the only site?

Have you used DCDIAG and REPADMIN as requested?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Yes this is the only DC and only site i have and also a 2000 server in Domian.

No, I didn't check DCDIAG and REPADMIN

How to go through this??
      Last edited by chavalisunil; 3rd February 2013, 07:45.

Comment

Were there any previous DCs that might leave traces behind?
        Has the issue just started (if so, what has changed) or is it long standing?

for more information on the tools mentioned, but both run from the command line
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

It is long standing. Can i start DCDiag . Does it effect my client PCs working??

Comment

DCDiag is a test of the health of the DC -- it will have no impact on client authentication
            Tom Jones
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

Comment

Working...
            X