No announcement yet.

How to Move system reserved Partition?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Move system reserved Partition?

I have installed Windows 2008 R2 and it is installed in my 64GB SSD but unfortunately its 100MB System Reserved Partition took place from my 1TB HDD. Now I want to move this 100MB System Reserved Partition to my 64Gb SSD so if my HDD goes down then it won't affect my OS. How can I do this? I don't want to corrupt my OS that's why I'm asking you experts... Thanks in advance..!

Re: How to Move system reserved Partition?

Try following this procedure:

Roughly, disconnect the HDD and do a repair install (note windows 7 is the same core as 2008R2 so it should work OK). Usual warning to back up first just in case...

Alternatively, if it is a fresh install, disconnect the HDD and do a full reinstall on the SSD

There are lots of similar solutions on if you look for "Windows 7 move system reserved partition"

As a general point, never install an OS with multiple HDDs (or SSDs) - always disconnect everything except the one you want the OS on - to prevent Windows deciding to do things its own way!
    Last edited by Ossian; 22nd January 2013, 08:35.
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **