No announcement yet.

Logon Script Mapping reverts to read only

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logon Script Mapping reverts to read only

After I post this I am going to continue to search for my exact issue just in case I have not searched far enough back to find the solution. I found some similar but nothing that related.

Here is my problem:

I have added a 2008 R2 server to 2003 domain.

I am replacing a 2003 server with this one for network shares for files only.

I used robocopy to pull the files over to the new server

I manually went through and set the Share Permissions and security settings for all of the shares I needed shared for the users. (I have done this 100s of times so I know I did it right). I also rechecked and rechecked and rechecked.

I use logon scripts for the mapping of the shares on the users PCs. I edited these scripts to remove the old shares and map the new shares.

Now the scripts map the shares correctly, but.....

All of the shares, folders and files are read only.

I disconnect the network drives and use Explorer to map the network drives and low and behold they are NOT read only.

I cannot for the life of me figure out why the shares end up read only when the logon script is used.

This occurs if the users PC is XP or 7. It only happens for the users not Domain Admins.

Also as a general rule I do not give full control to users of the folders but for trouble shooting purposes I did this anyway on this server.

Re: Logon Script Mapping reverts to read only

Nevermind I just figured it out.

For anyone that may be wondering......

Don't get to confident in your abilities to think that there is no way you did anythign wrong.

I missed a permission on the very root folder that I should have known better than to miss.

Re: Logon Script Mapping reverts to read only

Sounds like you're beating yourself up! Small mistakes are easily done even with the best planning

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?