Remote management and monitoring tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote management and monitoring tools

What I would like to do is manage my server, as well as a few others that exist outside of my network that are on not on a domain or networked together. They do however have a public IP.

Is there an agent that I can install on them to manager their windows updates, get performance metrics and basically do all the normal admin stuff through one central location?

Re: Remote management and monitoring tools

It may be easier to just open the Remote Desktop port on the firewall where the server is located and remote in to manually manage it. You could pick a non-default port and require the same version level to increase security some.
    Jay Adams, Noxigen LLC

Comment

I agree with you initially. But I would prefer to have a centralized location that runs tasks through agents and avoid logging in interactively.

Comment

you could look at Naverisk.
        Other similar applications are GFI Max, Labtech, Kaseya, N-Able.
        They are all fairly expensive.

Naverisk is probably the cheaper end of the scale, and is also a "pay-as-you-go" model where LT, Kaseya and Nable aren't.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by tehcamel View Post
          you could look at Naverisk.
          Other similar applications are GFI Max, Labtech, Kaseya, N-Able.
          They are all fairly expensive.

Naverisk is probably the cheaper end of the scale, and is also a "pay-as-you-go" model where LT, Kaseya and Nable aren't.

Awesome. I am wondering how these compare to DameWare and ManageEngine.

I'll start research. If anyone has any input, I'd appreciate your sharing!

Comment

Working...
          X