Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy user profiles from one AD to another AD

AOA

can any one help me to copy user profiles in one active directory to another active directory ... i dnt want to migrate it through ADMT i just want to copy the mirror of all users .... i am facing a serious problem because my DC does not allowing back up DC ... please help me. With thanks in ADVANCE

Re: copy user profiles from one AD to another AD

If you do not want to use ADMT, you should be able to use the built in migration wizard on each client -- for XP you will need to do this per profile, for Win 7 you can migrate multiple profiles.

Note this is a lot of work -- I suggest you tell us more about your DC problem and see if it can be solved
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

What do you mean specifically by "user profiles" as well?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

If you don't want to copy through ADMT you can do through MMC i.e Microsoft Management Console, Refer these link, Hope it helps you out..

http://www.windowsitpro.com/article/...ser-to-another

http://kb.iu.edu/data/aidk.html

Comment

The first link is a script to copy group membership so does not appear relevant
          The second is within a PC -- I doubt if the OP wants to do this. Also I suspect copying across domains won't work.

Perhaps the OP can get back to us with more information?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
          X