X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Group Policy

Hello Everyone,

Question;
    When a computer already has a profile on it it doesnt always get group policy. Does anyone have a suggestion for this one?

Re: Group Policy

First suggestion would be to write a better question. After that maybe include some information to work with.
    Without wanting to sound harsh it's questions like this one that make people not want to bother to help. If you don't think it is worth your time to write down details, testing, environment info etc then why should other people want to spend their time trying to help?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      First suggestion would be to write a better question. After that maybe include some information to work with.
      Without wanting to sound harsh it's questions like this one that make people not want to bother to help. If you don't think it is worth your time to write down details, testing, environment info etc then why should other people want to spend their time trying to help?
      And its responses like this one that I personally dont spend much time on here anymore.
      The problem is simple. I have a computer that sits on the domain that a user logs on and off everyday, but in the morning there is a policy that I use for Citrix pass-through that the user doesnt get first thing in the morning but then works fine the rest of the day. What would cause a user to not get policy when she logs in?

Now if you feel like you have to post more stupid comments like this one before please dont, for one your showing your level of intelligence and machurity, and two its a waste of my time and yours to even post comments like this one.

The question was again a simple one why would a computer not always get policy? The solution might not be as simple.

Comment

I did add 'without wanting to sound harsh'. You've already added more information in your reply. Why couldn't you add that in the first question, the more information you post the better hope of getting a useful reply.
        Are the GP errors in the machine event logs, does the user have a laptop which she logs onto and then plugs in maybe. Things like folder redirection can only process at logon so we can't guess everything for a given scenario.
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

I did add 'without wanting to sound harsh'. You've already added more information in your reply. Why couldn't you add that in the first question, the more information you post the better hope of getting a useful reply.
          Are the GP errors in the machine event logs, does the user have a laptop which she logs onto and then plugs in maybe. Things like folder redirection can only process at logon so we can't guess everything for a given scenario.
          There are no errors. Its almost like if the machine already has the user profile on the machine, the user doesnt get policy again until later that day.

There is no folder redirection, we arent using roaming profiles, and this is a computer policy not user.

I use Citrix for application delivery, theres an adm that has to be added to the templates, you then can enable pass-through authenication for that machine and or user. For one reason or another at the beginning of the day when the user logs onto the machine and tries to launch the application the user will get the server 2008 login screen, but if I run gpupdate and try to launch that same app the user doesnt get the server 2008 login screen.

Comment

The folder re-direction bit was just an example really.
            Are these machines all desktops that are always on? No hibernate/sleep? Are users logged on or not at the time (does it make a difference)?
            Anything in the event logs at all?
            Not sure if you may need this too (for the debug).
            http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-87f7aedad466/
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

The folder re-direction bit was just an example really.
              Are these machines all desktops that are always on? No hibernate/sleep? Are users logged on or not at the time (does it make a difference)?
              Anything in the event logs at all?
              Not sure if you may need this too (for the debug).
              http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...-87f7aedad466/
              The users are either in sleep mode or logged off, I would expect policy to run everytime the user has to logon, but that does always seem to be the case. Currently I have two ways to fix the issue, I can either run a gpupdate /force, or just reboot the machine. Both ways seem to take care of the problem for a while until the next time it happens.

Thanks for your responses, but nothing is consistant. Its really hard to find a computer that is having the issue until they report it.

Comment

Are the policies applied to the user or the computer??

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
                  Are the policies applied to the user or the computer??

I've set it to both user and Computer.

Comment

So are the same policies set to computer and user then??

Could be a possible issue if they are.

Comment

Working...
                    X