We have virtual VMware Windows server 2008 SP2 with strange behaviour. When I scroll down events in eventlog viewer CPU usage hits 100% and eventlog viewer freeze. CPU usage is split between 2 processes SVCHOST.EXE (lmhosts, eventlog and Dhcp services) and MMC.EXE.
- I tried to replace eventlog files with new ones. That didnít helped
- After server clean boot problem still exist.
- When CPU hits 100% usage process explorer shows that from SVCHOST.EXE process CPU is used by service EventLog.
- Issue is for all users on this server domain and local
- Log file size is 16384KB with option "Overwrite events as needed"
- VMware tools upgrade and reinstall didn't helped
- VM network adapter configured on that VMXNET 3 didn't helped
- Change NTFS permission of %WINDIR%\System32\WinEvt\Logs directory didn't helped
- CHKDSK on all drives don't show any errors