No announcement yet.

Applying Computer Settings Issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Computer Settings Issue

Recently we had installed Windows Server 2008 R2 in HP Server. Configured Active Directory in the Server and added one Windows XP Client to the Server.

While login under Domain User account, it takes almost 3-6 minutes to login the system. it stucks at "Applying Computer Settings".

Once i remove the LAN Cable and login under domain user account, it logins immediately.

I provided the AD Server IP Address as Primary DNS in Client Machine and internet ip address provided by internet service provider as Secondary DNS.

I think the problem is with the DNS Setup.

Can anyone please provide the solution???
    Thank you

Re: Applying Computer Settings Issue

Remove the secondary IP address for the ISP and add that as a forwarder on your DNS server.

Your clients should only use a local internal DNS server.

Re: Applying Computer Settings Issue

Agree with wullieb1 but this won't be your issue here unless your AD server isn't serving DNS. The secondary IP would only be used if the first DNS server doesn't respond.
      Has this only just started, more info please.
      Assuming it is responding then I would start by checking group policy, AV software etc (plenty of things visible via google to check).

There is an excellent post by Mark here for a good diagnosis of a specific slow logon.

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?