Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logon unsuccessful when trying to re configure a mapped path with was not successful

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logon unsuccessful when trying to re configure a mapped path with was not successful

Well I am trying to reconfigure a mapped drive which is mapped on a virtual machine running Windows Server 2008.

I am logging on with a standard account and cannot find a way of breaking into an Administrator account (it is just a testing machine that I actually can do anything with), since the last time I joined the virtual machine to the domain the group policy settings took over and removed my local administrator rights. Now only domain administrators have administrator access to the virtual machine and they are too busy to support me, so I either find a way to hack my way into an administrator account, or else I have to re-install the whole machine which is quite a time consuming process that I would like to avoid.

Anyway the machine is asking for my logon credentials to the machine which hosts the shares e.g. R: is mapped to \\PCName\Share, so I type in the logon credentials for the domain (e.g. user name: DOMAIN\user.name and password), however even though I am sure to be keying in the correct password, the prompt says logon unsuccessful. Nobody will believe me

The PC where the shared UNC path lies is joined to a domain, whilst the virtual machine which runs Win Server 2008 is only joined to a workgroup.
Working...
X