Using Group Policies to Lock Down user PC's

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Group Policies to Lock Down user PC's

Basics: Server 2008 R2
    User Pc’s: Windows 7

One of our clients is now requiring us to harden (I think is the correct term) our network and user PC's. More specifically our client PC's, I need to find a guide to lock down everything from screen savers to access to the control panel and network tree.

Does anyone know of a reputable site that explains how to do this? Or even a good youtube video… Also, my supervisor is adamant that I make sure that any group policy put in place will not affect any unintended functions. Which is in itself quite hard, as I know very little about group policies, but i will once again ask for any information the tech community has on this subject.

As always any help is greatly appreciated,

Re: Using Group Policies to Lock Down user PC's

Using our friend , I found this:; sounds like it might be just where you need to start.
    MSCA (2003/XP), Security+, CCNA

** Remember: credit where credit is due, and reputation points as appropriate **

Re: Using Group Policies to Lock Down user PC's

Take a look at this:
      On that site some aren't going to be good. Others will be great. Like Applocker, UAC and Group policy.
      I would start with creating a testing Desktop lockdown OU with user accounts in, or computer accounts depending on how you're going to do it.
      Then using GPMC and creating some group policies to restrict or disable access to
      my computer
      removable media
      control panel
      display options
      my documents
      disable run
      ect ect.

Have fun.
      Last edited by uk_network; 8th September 2012, 15:19.
      Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
      I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
      MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.