manage domain users remotly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manage domain users remotly

I am a administartor in organizacion with 100 compurers . We have Windows 2008 r2 server with AD implemented. On our pc ALL USERS have admin rihts on their PC. No we wont tho give them just standard users role on their PC-s. Is there a way to remotly tho this? Is there any MMC snap in like the one for the local user

Thanks

Boro

Re: manage domain users remotly

Restricted groups is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
      Restricted groups is the way to go.

Can you expalin tsih more detail?

Comment

Google is your friend

Comment

come on Austarlia more help

Comment

What help would you require??

https://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&gs_...w=1280&bih=679

Throws up 106,000,000 hits and surprisingly the first 2 hits point to exactly what you need.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...(v=ws.10).aspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279301

I have no issue helping people but please do some research and then post back with queries if you have any.

Comment

Yes I have tried that, but does not work in our case. I need to change rights for domain users from admin rights on their local machine to standard user. I can do it going from PC to Pc, or by using remote desktop, but I am searching for solution like MMC snap in like the one for the local users. Restricted groups seem not to be ideal because I wont that users have rights to instal printers, instal OBDC (whit standard users and some GPO I have made that) but not to instal games, softwate itc...

Comment

You will need to review the available settings in user rights - also managed via group policy, then create, test and deploy a suitable GPO

Since you are already using a GPO (presumably a local policy) why can't you transfer the settings into a domain or OU level GPO and apply it centrally?
                Tom Jones
                MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                IT Trainer / Consultant
                Ossian Ltd
                Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Basic user in software restriction policies has don most off the thing, whith disabled point and print restrictions user can instal printers, and additional policy/WS/SS/REGISTRY ODBC ALLOW users can change Odbc

Thanks everyoone for help

Comment

Working...
                  X